Attention iOS 7 users: If you are unable to access a password protected folder, please update Private Photo Vault from the App Store.

The latest update should be available today: September 17, 2013. It has support for iOS 7 and is better than ever.

—————————-
+ Bugfixes for latest iOS
+ Built-in Photo Editor is Even Better!
+ Performance Enhancements
+ Added support for new languages
+ Russian
+ Korean
+ Portuguese
+ Danish

1. Have just updated to v6.0. Opened to pic within vault. Now frozen. Have exited and re-entered several times, always opens to same image. Can’t do a thing. Help!

Hi Basia,

First, I recommend force quitting the app and reopening it.

If that does not work, please tell me what iphone you have and what version of iOS you are running?

3. Hi William.

I have Vault on my iPad. All is now ok. Apart from exiting app several times, as mentioned, I turned iPad off a number of times prior to sending first post. Then thought I would try it one more time… Relief! I suppose this little mishap has made me realise I should back-up photos as soon as possible. I am a new user of Vault, loving it, and hadn’t given back-up any thought.

Thank you for your very quick (immediate!) response. I wasn’t expecting anything for a couple of days, so greatly appreciated.

Regards

Basia

4. New today update cesares the app. I tried severas times same fault. Try to open a pic and crash… Help pls

5. I forgot … I hace an iPhone 4S with latest update

6. Got it fix. Thnx anyway

7. Hey William,

I just upgraded to pro so I can lock videos of my girlfriend without anyone seeing them but after importing them to the folder, I click play and it just shows a black screen with loading at the top and doesn’t play. I click done but nothing happens.

8. Dereham Gogol says:

Version 6 bug. Editing photos forces device into portrait mode only even if device is locked to landscape.
    Once in (portrait mode ) if an attempt is made to block the device orientation, then on return to the photo editing screen, App locks up and can’t exit photo edit mode.

9. I upgraded photo vault today and now it’s frozen. I was using the photo editor and pushed done but nothing happened. I’ve closed and reopened several times but its stuck on the same photo. I use iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.3. What do I do?
    Jennifer

10. Hi mate. Firstly – thanks for the ios 7 update, much appreciated.

Found a bug though – if you enter the password and press return on keypad – it freezes then crashes.

11. Will I be able to keep all my photos once I update to ios7? Or do I need to save my photos down before I update?

12. I paid for the full version but i had to change my store email and password and i am not able to do the update,i can delete it and get it again but how can i get the paid version back? Thanks

13. With the new update I have been unsuccessful in rearranging photos. Is there a function for this yet?

Manu,

Glad you got it working!

Hi Chris,

Did you import the photos from your camera roll or from your computer?

Hi Jennifer,

Please try force quitting the app and reopening it.

To force quit:
    1) Exit Private Photo Vault
    2) Double tap the home button
    3) If on iOS 7 swipe up on private photo vault, otherwise tap and hold on the private photo vault icon on the bottom until a red minus appears and tap the red minus

Let me know if this works.

Hi XL,

In order for your photos to be there after you update to iOS 7:

1) Back up your phone via iTunes or iCloud
    2) Install iOS 7

Your photos should be transferred over just fine, but the backup is important in case there is any error in the update.

Hi Eugene,

This function is still not available in the latest update, I will make this a higher priority for the next update.

Hi Donny,

After looking into it, it appears as though Apple does not have a way of transferring purchases between accounts.

Here is an article on transferring purchases between computers though: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1373

20. Hey William,

Yeah I imported both photos and videos from my camera roll. The photos I can see fine but my video won’t play for some reason. I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 6.something, I can’t remember the exact one.

Chris,

I will investigate this some more. Were the videos filmed on your phone or sent via text/email to you?

22. I have updated to ios7 and i cant find the keyboard to type the password…someone help???

Raheem,

Please update to the latest version of Private Photo Vault in the AppStore.

24. I have

25. Hi.
    I just updated the iOS 7 and the application opens great. But when i trie to open a folder that have a passsord; the keybord doesnt show. So, i cant view that photographs

Raheem,

Can you go to the settings tab and hit the info button and tell me what version you are running?

Hi Rodrigo,

Please go to the app store and download the most recent update to Private Photo Vault, it addresses this problem.

28. Hi William-
    One feature I’d really like to see is the ability to wipe local photos after X number of attempts. If an determined, unauthorized person has physical access to the phone, they can try all 10,000 pins, and eventually hit the non-decoy area (search forbes.com for PIN-Punching Robot …). Taking their picture, won’t prevent them from the unauthorized access. However, if we could say, “wipe all photos after (10) successive failed passcode attempts” (just like the iPhone’s Passcode Lock setting), then they couldn’t see the unauthorized photos. Ideally, upon the next sync, the deleted photos would be restored. Eventually Badguy might find the decoy and real pin, but there’d be nothing to see– again, ideally that would set another flag that, after syncing, entering the real pin would prompt the user that the pin was entered after many failed attempts, and to check the Break-In report. If the user sees Badguy entering correct login, they would know to change the pin.

Alternatively, instead of wiping, could only send to the decoy area after 10 successive failed attempts. Eg, Badguy has 10 straight bad guesses, but his 11th is the non-decoy pin — send that request to the decoy area. The downside of that idea would be that Badguy could just login twice successively — 10 straight bad ones, 11th is good and goes to decoy; re-entering 11th the next time gets you to the ‘real’ area.

Thanks!

29. Love the app. I have pro. One suggestion for a future enhancement. If a photo is an animated GIF, let it play when it’s being displayed. Thanks.

30. Just got the ios7 update, and now I cannot download your update for the free app. It is asking me to put in itunes password that goes with Apple ID (alarmed1@gmail.com) which isn’t even my id. Do you think this is a problem with my phone / account exclusively?

Hi Brett,

This is just an issue specifically with your phone. It is most likely caused by someone else using your phone and trying to download an app from the App Store.

To fix this:
    1) Go to the Settings App
    2) Select iTunes & App Store
    3) Tap where it says Apple ID and then hit Sign Out
    4) Sign back in with your account

You should now be able to download the update.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion of adding animated GIF support, I will consider adding it in for a future version.

33. Hey William,

The videos were sent to my phone via text.

Hi Miles,

Sounds like a good idea. It would involve requiring some additional computer backup software. I will consider adding in this functionality in a future update.

35. William, thank you for your quick reply, but it didn’t solve problem. I was signed in with my accurate id…but signed out anyway and tried advice. No dice. I ended up deleting app, and re-downloading and had no problems. Can’t explain it, but I am now running current. Thanks!

36. Hi William-
    Thanks for the consideration of the wipe after x failed attempts. If wiping would be too complex (which it does seem to be), perhaps the photos could just be hidden until a sync. I keep saying ‘after a sync’ because I can’t think of a good way to ensure the authorized user is back without a second authentication method like email — if had that secondary communication channel, a pin reset email could be sent; and until its done, no photos would be shown.

37. Upgraded my iPad to OS7 last night. Photo vault now freezing when editing. Closing and reopening just returns to the same frozen photo. A complete shut down restores things to normal.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for reporting this. It occurs if you have Album Exit enabled and close the App with the photo editor opened. It will be fixed in the next update.

39. Hi, update the app to iOS 7, I can’t access the password protected folder. I have iphone 4, what is the solution?

Hi Touahid,

Please update to the latest version of Private Photo Vault in the App Store.

This should fix your problem.

41. Hey William,

The videos were sent via text message.

Hey Chris,

Hmm, that most likely means it is an issue with the video format. I will see if I can get this fixed for the next update.

43. Happy singh says:

Plzzzzzzzz

Hi Happy,

To fix this, force quit the app and reopen it.

45. I just updated to ios7 and I have about 12gb of photo vault backed up in iCloud.
    When I go into settings it shows it. However. The content has not restored into photo vault.
    It’s just an empty application.

Any suggestions?

Hi xe4,

I recommend restoring your phone to your most recent iCloud backup.

Here is an article from Apple on this subject: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521

47. Guys can you add feature make the app easy to Share files to PC, multi file sharing to transfer pics between iPhone and computer

48. Hi William

Mark again I have completed a backup and have now got photo vault back pro version but when I go into settings there is no option to backup my photos could you please help me with this one.

Many thanks

Mark

49. I have updated to the latest version of photo vault after installing iOS 7 but still not be able to open the private folder it’s asking for password but doesn’t showing any textbox for entering it

50. I recently updated my iPhone 4S to iOS 7.0 now I can’t access a password protected folder. The photo vault app is updated to the latest version. When I click the folder, I am prompted to enter my password but the keyboard isn’t produced for me to do so. Please help me, I hate to lose those personal videos & photos. My email is chicagorilla312@gmail.com. Thank you