Private Photo Vault v5.1 was released today. Here is the updated features list:

+ Length of slide
+ Added Support for new languages
+ Italian
+ Arabic
+ Japanese
+ Chinese
+ Bugfix for images sometimes showing in wrong orientation

1. Once I purchase this app can I import photos that are stored on my laptop? Can I export to the company I use for printing?

2. donovan says:

Is there any way i can recover photos that were on my stolen iphone without a backup?

thanks

Hi Donovan,

Unfortunately, there is no way to recover photos from Private Photo Vault on a stolen phone without a backup. This is because all of the photos are only stored on your device in Private Photo Vault and are not accessible online.

Hi Marsha,

1) Private Photo Vault has support to transfer photos from your computer using the iTunes Album and using the wireless transfer feature.
    2) Private Photo Vault does not have built in support for printing.

Hi Vincenzo,

Since iOS 7 is still in beta, there are a few bugs with Private Photo Vault while using it in conjuction with iOS 7. These issues will be fixed before the final release of iOS 7.

Hi Chris,

I am sorry to hear about this problem and am unsure of what would be causing it. I recommend 2 things:

1) Try turning on airplane mode and relaunching the app
    2) Try connecting to a wifi hotspot and relaunching the app

Hi Muhsin,

Thanks for reporting this.

Since iOS 7 is still in beta, there are a few bugs with Private Photo Vault while using it in conjunction with iOS 7. These issues will be fixed before the final release of iOS 7.

Hi Adriano,

If you buy the app for iPad, you don’t have to buy it again for iPhone.

When you open the app, go to the settings tab and click the restore purchase button.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for reporting this.

Hi G monay,

Thanks for reporting this.

Hi Dru,

I am unaware of this problem. Can you please send me the details about your device:

1) Which iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch?
    2) What is your os version

Hi Joshua,

Sorry about this problem you are having.

Can you elaborate on any details about this problem so I can try to diagnose the issue.

Do you know the file format of the videos?

13. Hi Dru,
    1) Which iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch?
    iPhone 5

2) What is your os version
    iOS 6.1.4

14. William, my biggest problem is none of the files are exporting. Once a picture or video is in the vault, when I select “export” they do not export to the camera roll
    As far as the issue with playing the video within photo vault, the videos were transferred from an EVO and I believe they are M4V format. When I try to play one of them the program just sticks on the video and does not play it and i cannot cancel the video or go back to the home screen. I end up having to close and restart the program

15. Hello, Under upgrade bottom on your application, it say’s The following upgrades can be earned for FREE by watching videos”. i collected 110 coins already then when i tried to upgrade, it say’s “Would u like it to upgrade for $2.99″

16. Needs iOS 7 support… Unable to access my password protected photos

17. I tried to write a stellar review but iTunes says I have to own it to write one! That it is on my iPhone and shows in my iTunes account means little I guess. (don’t take it personally, iTunes says that to me all the time) I did rate it a 5 stars on the popup, though.
    Here is what I would have said .
    “Best App on my iPhone. I use it for more than just photos of people: like my license plate, drivers license, all kinds of stuff. I would like to import more than one photo at a time from my laptop, but I figure if it could be done it would have by now. Sidell does good work from what I see.”

Different topic. Does your design prevent the NSA from pulling photos out through a back door (i.e. not via the PIN entry)? Reason I ask a co-worker was in the CA high desert & stopped on the side of remote road when a drone flies over. After taking a bunch of pictures (not an iPhone), he sends a few to a friend. As he finishes his work a black SUV (yeah I know) pulls up with 3 guys, talk to him for a few minutes then leave. When he gets to the office, he finds all his photos are gone. He thought it was funny. Me, not so much.

In the for what it is worth category:
    Congrats on what appears to be your graduation.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the great review!

The NSA should not be able to remove any photos from your iPhone. However, it is possible for them to retrieve photos from your device if they were to actually physically obtain it. A future update is planned that will implement AES 256 bit encryption (the encryption used by the military) which would make it extremely difficult (essentially impossible with current cryptographic hacking techniques) for the NSA to ever get your photos.

Hi GM,

An update with iOS 7 support will be available for download today.

Hi Glenn,

You can purchase any of the upgrades below the listing for free. To purchase the upgrades, tap the blue button that says 100 on it. Each upgrade costs 100 coins.

You can not purchase the full version of the application with coins.

21. I just downloaded ios7 and I no longer can access my private folder I created . It asks for password and no keyboard comes up nor is there a place to type. Does this mean all my photos are lost? Very unhappy

Hi Jon,

This issue is resolved with the latest update to Private Photo Vault. You can go to the AppStore and download it now.

23. Nicholas Storniolo says:

Hello, I updated to iOS 7 tonight, and when I redownloaded the app, none of my photos were in the app. I did restore from a back up, and all of my previous photos were in my camera roll, but not my photo vault.

24. Nicholas Storniolo says:

Forget my question, I fixed my problem by restoring again.

25. William,

You can disregard my comment from above. I just updated to the Pro v6.0 and I’m no longer having the same issue with it as I can get in and see my photos like the free version. However, I’m having the same problems as Chris is in this version. I can not view any of the videos sent to me. They just get to a black screen with it saying that it is loading. I had the videos sent to me via text message from a Droid phone if that helps you solve the issue at all. Looks like you’ve been quite busy with the new IOS update and dealing with a lot of comments. Keep up the good work.

26. I am so upset! I have downloaded the iOS 7 update on my iphone and now I cannot access my password protected album in my photo vault. It won’t let me type in my password. Is this going to be fixed?!?!?!

Hi Jessie,

Please update to the latest version of Private Photo Vault in the App Store.

This will fix your problem.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that information. I will try to get this fixed for the next update.

29. Since getting iOS 7 I cannot access my folders with a password, there is no place to enter a password

Hi Chris,

Please update to the latest version of Private Photo Vault in the App Store, this will fix your problem.

31. Will my photos still be in photo vault when I restore my iphone to a backup after updating to ios7? I don’t want to lose them. Thanks!

32. I can’t access my password protected photos. The app will not let me enter a password.

Hi Jim,

If you update to the latest version of Private Photo Vault in the App Store, that should fix your problem.

Hi Elly,

Yes, Private Photo Vault will restore its photos from a backup. Just make sure that you perform a backup right before updating to iOS 7.

35. I can export all my other video’s except for one from photo vault to my camera roll. Can you please help me solve this problem please.

Thanks,

Naz

Hi Naz,

I will look into this issue.